In keeping with tradition, Trevor Workman will be offering a musical meditation on Bournville Carillon on Good Friday 19 April 2019 at 11:15 am in recognition of the most poingent and important event in Christian history when the Lord Jesus Christ, Saviour of the world offered Himself up to save humanity.
1. When I survey the wondrous cross [Tune: 'Rockingham'] - Edward Miller
2. Libera Me from 'Requiem' - Gabriel Faure;
3. An extract from the Oratorio 'Messiah' - George Frederic Handel:
i) Chorus: 'Behold the Lamb of God'
ii) Aria: 'He was despised and rejected of me, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief'
iii) Chorus: 'Surely, He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows'
iv) Chorus: 'And with His stripes we are healed'
v) Recitative: 'Thy rebuke has broken His heart'
vi) Aria: 'Behold and see if there be any sorrow like unto His sorrow'
4. Ave Verum Corpus [ Jesu, Word of God incarnate] - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart;
5. There is a green hill far away, outside a City wall 9Tune: 'Horsley') - William Horsley;
6. Were you there when they crucified my Lord? - Anonymous;
7. You laid aside your majesty and gave up everything for me - Derri Daugherty;
8. The Old rugged cross - George Bennard;
9. 'God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son' (from 'Crucifixion') - John Stainer