On Good Friday 25 March 2016 at 11:00 a.m., Trevor Workman will play a programme of music for meditation which will include:
1. When I survey the wondrous cross [Tune: Rockingham] - Edward Miller
2. Libera Me from 'Requiem' - Gabriel Faure;
3. An extract from the Oratorio 'Messiah' - George Frederic Handel:
i) Chorus: 'Behold the Lamb of God'
ii) Aria: 'He was despised and rejected of men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief'
iii) Chorus: 'Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows'
iv) Chorus: 'And with His stripes we are healed'
v) Recitative: 'Thy rebuke has broken His heart'
vi) Aria: 'Behold and see if there be any sorrow like unto His sorrow'
4. Ave Verum Corpus [Jesu, Word of God incarnate] - W. A. Mozart
5. There is a green hill far away outside a City wall (Tune: Horsley) - William Horsley
6. Were you there when they crucified my Lord? - Anonymous
7. You laid aside your majesty and gave up everything for me - Derri Daugherty
8. The old rugged cross - George Bennard
9. 'God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son' (from 'Crucifixion') - John Stainer